Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering
Donadeo ICE 11-382
Di Niu is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Alberta. He was a PhD candidate in iQua Research Group, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Toronto, from 2008 to 2012, and a MSc student in the same department from 2006 to 2008. He received the B.Eng. degree in 2005 from the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Sun Yat-sen (Zhongshan) University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.
parallel and distributed algorithms and systems
big data analytics
Currently, Dr. Niu is leading a small group of graduate students working on the following topics:
- Cloud computing and storage systems, with a special focus on the design, optimization and evaluation of large key-value stores and NoSQL databases.
- Real-time multimedia networking system design, especially with applications to real-time multiparty video conferencing and tele-immersive applications.
- Big data analytics and data mining related to online social networks.
- Datacenter networking and mobile cloud computing.
- Network coding and its applications to cloud computing and multimedia networking.